Maaden swings to Q3 net profit
Jeddah, October 11, 2011
Saudi Arabian Mining Co (Maaden) swung to a net profit of 27.4 million riyals ($7.3 million) in the third-quarter, but the results missed analyst forecasts.
Maaden made a net profit of 27.4 million riyals in the third quarter, compared with a loss of 0.2 million riyals in the same period a year earlier.
Two analysts surveyed by Reuters on average expected the firm to post a net profit between 88 million to 90 million riyals for the third quarter. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved