Industries Qatar Q3 profit jumps
Doha, October 13, 2011
Third-quarter net profit at petrochemicals and metals company Industries Qatar (IQ) leapt 47.9 percent on Wednesday on strengthening petrochemical prices.
The Gulf's second-largest chemical producer by market value made a third-quarter net profit of 2.07 billion riyals, according to Reuters calculations, compared with 1.4 billion riyals a year earlier.
Analysts polled by Reuters on average expected the company to post quarterly profit of 2.2 billion riyals.
The company made a nine-month net profit of 6.25 billion riyals, it said in a statement without giving further detail.
Petrochemical prices have returned to near pre-crisis levels, but worries persist over how a potential double-dip global recession may impact petrochemicals companies' earnings in the world's top oil exporting region. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export