Asry showcases expertise at Workboats expo
Manama, October 16, 2011
The Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard (Asry) showcased its experience and promoted its two 255-metre-long slipways at the 'Middle East Workboats 2011' exhibition held recently in Abu Dhabi.
The expo is considered the most prominent event in the region for the workboat industry.
Asry participated with a special stand prepared for this exhibition to showcase its experience as the first major shipyard in the region as it completes its 35 years of service to the maritime industry.
Through its participation in the exhibition it sought to promote its two 255-metre-long slipways which are designed specifically for the workboat and support vessels market.
Asry's marketing manager for Arab markets, Tariq Al Absi, said that participation in this exhibition was in line with the company's strategy of meeting both existing customers and promoting itself to new potential customers visiting the exhibition.
He added that the event also provided an opportunity keep up to date with the latest developments in the industry.
This participation supports the corporate marketing strategy, targeting new markets in both the Arab and international markets to enhance the company's leading role in shipbuilding and repair operations.
A number of prominent experts in the maritime sector in the region took part in the conference, held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre to discuss several topics on the maritime sector, workboats and the technical and environmental challenges that it faces.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai