Asry showcases expertise at Workboats expo
Manama, October 16, 2011
The Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard (Asry) showcased its experience and promoted its two 255-metre-long slipways at the 'Middle East Workboats 2011' exhibition held recently in Abu Dhabi.
The expo is considered the most prominent event in the region for the workboat industry.
Asry participated with a special stand prepared for this exhibition to showcase its experience as the first major shipyard in the region as it completes its 35 years of service to the maritime industry.
Through its participation in the exhibition it sought to promote its two 255-metre-long slipways which are designed specifically for the workboat and support vessels market.
Asry's marketing manager for Arab markets, Tariq Al Absi, said that participation in this exhibition was in line with the company's strategy of meeting both existing customers and promoting itself to new potential customers visiting the exhibition.
He added that the event also provided an opportunity keep up to date with the latest developments in the industry.
This participation supports the corporate marketing strategy, targeting new markets in both the Arab and international markets to enhance the company's leading role in shipbuilding and repair operations.
A number of prominent experts in the maritime sector in the region took part in the conference, held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre to discuss several topics on the maritime sector, workboats and the technical and environmental challenges that it faces.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office