Al Hilal team lauds GOP award
Manama, October 20, 2011
Bahrain General Organisation of Sea Ports (GOP) chairman Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa yesterday welcomed a senior delegation from Al Hilal Group at the GOP headquarters in Hidd.
Al Hilal Group managing director Ronnie Middleton congratulated Shaikh Daij on receiving the prestigious Seatrade Free Zone Authority Award against such strong competition.
The Bahrain Logistics Zone (BLZ) received the award as an innovative customs-free logistics zone offering world-class integrated services and facilities for import, export and re-export as well as attracting regional and international companies to base commercial activities in Bahrain.
One of three top finalists, BLZ won against Freezone Sohar and Jebel Ali Free Zone.
'We are proud of this important maritime award that recognised BLZ for its high-quality logistics operations. GOP is looking to build on such successes in terms of improving our performance, turnaround capabilities, cost-efficiencies, safety standards and reliability as a global maritime and logistics centre,' Shaikh Daij said.
The Al Hilal delegation also discussed ways of strengthening relations with GOP through media, exhibitions and event management to highlight the fast-paced development of Bahrain's maritime infrastructure and assets, including Khalifa Bin Salman Port, BLZ and ship repair at Asry.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai