Topaz launches $380m financing initiative
Dubai, November 2, 2011
UAE-based Topaz Energy and Marine, a leading oilfield services multinational and subsidiary of Renaissance Services, has launched a US$ 380 million financing initiative.
The initiative, led by Standard Chartered Bank and DVB Bank, will involve both regional and international lenders in a refinancing deal that features Topaz’s offshore support vessel (OSV) division, Topaz Marine, which ranks among the top 10 OSV operators world-wide.
In its half-year statement, the parent-company Renaissance Services, publicly listed in Oman’s Muscat Securities Market, stated its intention to refinance some existing borrowings and consolidate financing facilities with a syndicate of banks.
Vishal Goenka, chief financial officer of Renaissance, said: “This deal will significantly improve Topaz’s liquidity, unlock trapped equity, and increase the availability of new funds to capitalise on future growth opportunities.
“The interest from our relationship banks and also from new banks in this deal is very encouraging and reaffirms the market’s appreciation of the company’s business model and governance. Out of $380 million, approximately $125 million will be for vessels under construction and for investments in new vessels,” he said
Goenka added that the company expects the financing initiative to be completed before the end of December 2011. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects