Senior Chinese official visits Sabic
Riyadh, November 6, 2011
A high-level delegation from China visited the Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic) headquarters in Riyadh recently, in a strong sign of the company’s growing business profile in China.
The delegation comprising He Lifeng, vice party secretary of Tianjin City Government, was received by Mohamed Al-Mady, Sabic vice chairman and CEO.
The delegation also included Xu Hongxing, president of the Sinopec Sabic Tianjin Petrochemical Company.
The Chinese dignitaries watched a corporate film and a presentation, and attended a lunch reception hosted in their honour.
Al-Mady said the visit reflects Sabic’s strong commitment to the Chinese market and its growing business presence in China. “Sabic has embarked on a series of growth initiatives in China, including a new partnership with Sinopec to build a polycarbonate plant in Tianjin and a new research center in Shanghai,” he said.
The visit comes close on the heels of two recent delegations from China to Sabic – one headed by Zhang Gaoli, member of the Political Bureau, Central Committee, Communist Party of China (CPC), and secretary of the CPC Tianjin Municipal, and the second led by Li Yongwu, chairman of China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation.
Sabic has 17 offices in the Greater China Region, three manufacturing plants in Shanghai, Guangzhou and Tianjin, one Technology & Innovation Center in Shanghai, and employs over 900 staff. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants