Suez Canal to raise fees 3pc in 2012
Cairo, December 1, 2011
Egypt's Suez Canal Authority said on Thursday it would raise toll fees for all vessels passing through the strategic waterway by 3 per cent starting March 2012, saying tariffs had not been changed for the previous three years.
'The Suez Canal Authority has decided the following regarding toll fees in 2012 ... firstly raising vessel toll fees in 2012 by 3 per cent for all types of ships passing through the canal,' it said in a statement.
It said the change followed studies about the global economy and trade. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai
- Sipchem unit secures loan for new project