Suez Canal to raise fees 3pc in 2012
Cairo, December 1, 2011
Egypt's Suez Canal Authority said on Thursday it would raise toll fees for all vessels passing through the strategic waterway by 3 per cent starting March 2012, saying tariffs had not been changed for the previous three years.
'The Suez Canal Authority has decided the following regarding toll fees in 2012 ... firstly raising vessel toll fees in 2012 by 3 per cent for all types of ships passing through the canal,' it said in a statement.
It said the change followed studies about the global economy and trade. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans