UOB students visit Alba
Manama, December 6, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) shared its expertise in the production of high-grade aluminium with an eight-member student delegation from the University Of Bahrain (UOB)’s College of Engineering who visited the Alba plant.
The student delegation from the Instrumentation and Control department were accompanied by the associate professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering, Dr Nour Eddine Mansour.
During their visit, they were given an insight on the calibration of industrial instrumentation as well as on some of the best practices deployed across Alba that have strengthened the company’s reputation as one of the world’s leading aluminium smelters.
“It was a privilege to welcome the students of University of Bahrain to the Alba plant, and share with them our expertise in the production of high-grade aluminium,” said Alba’s chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
“The students were able to learn of Alba’s growth in the past forty-years and its experience in emerging as one of the world’s leading aluminium smelters.”
The UOB delegation was later given a tour around the different facilities in the plant, and in particular, a visit to the Workshops & Maintenance Services. They were also briefed on the company's commitment to safety, adherence to quality as well as its many achievements in protecting the environment. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award