FedEx sees 12pc rise in shipments for Nov-Dec
Dubai, December 11, 2011
FedEx Express forecasts more than 260 million shipments to move through its worldwide shipping networks between the last week of November and Christmas, marking a 12 per cent increase for the holiday season over last year.
FedEx Corp, which processed 232 million shipments last year, will see almost 17 million packages move around the world on December 12, it said in a statement.
In Europe, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa (EMEA), the busiest day for FedEx Express shipments going out from the region is expected on Tuesday, December 20, which represents an increase of 2.3 per cent over last year.
Likewise, December 19 will be the peak day for shipments coming into the region, up 3.5 per cent from 2010.
“We feel optimistic about the anticipated increase in holiday volume again this year and we are confident in our global network to support such levels of activity”, said Gerald P Leary, president of FedEx Express in Europe, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa (EMEA).
“Every year our team members show their commitment to ensure our customers receive the same, exceptional service for their holiday shipping as they do any other day throughout the year.”
With a full range of express and deferred services, FedEx is strategically positioned to ensure customers have a choice of shipping options during the holiday period, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad