Blast at Iran steel plant kills 7 workers
Tehran, December 12, 2011
An explosion at a steel production complex in central Iran killed seven workers including foreigners, the semi-official Fars news agency quoted a senior local official in Yazd province as saying on Monday.
'The explosion at the Ghadir Steel plant led to the deaths of seven people and the serious injuries of 12 others who have been transferred to hospital for treatment,' said Yazd's governor Azizulah Seifi.
'It happened on Sunday and caused the death of a number of foreign workers,' he said, without elaborating on the number and nationality of the foreigners killed.
Seifi said the cause of the explosion had not been unidentified and an investigation was under way.
'The plant belongs to the private sector and its directors and officials have been summoned... experts are trying to determine the cause of the incident,' Seifi said.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services