Bahrain plans new industrial hub
Manama, December 23, 2011
A new industrial town is being planned for Bahrain following directives from His Majesty King Hamad to construct the new hub.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday chaired a key meeting to discuss preparations to start work on the ambitious project.
Dr Fakhro described the project as a top priority for the leadership and government to spur growth.
The session discussed results of a feasibility study conducted by management consultancy firm Arthur D Little.
Officials representing the Economic Development Board, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the General Directorate for Urban Planning attended.
Dr Fakhro stressed the government's keenness to promote the economic sector and spur growth, stressing the importance of the planned project which features among the ministry's top strategic priorities. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai