Emal receives Gold Kaizen Award
Abu Dhabi, January 2, 2012
The cast house of Emirates Aluminium (Emal) recently received a Gold Kaizen Award for its application of advanced quality methodologies.
Emal was honoured at the Dubai Quality Group’s (DQG) 3rd Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium, a statement from the company said.
Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, Emal president and CEO, said: “Through strong teamwork and communication, the Emal cast house team was able to increase billet production from 95 percent to 100 percent in 12 months, generating a massive 5 percent boost in revenue with zero additional cost to the smelter.”
Held globally on the second Thursday of November every year, World Quality Day aims to promote awareness of quality to individuals and organisations globally, and is celebrated locally by the Dubai Department of Economic Development that created DQG, the statement said.
DGQ is a non-profit organisation of 2,000 individuals representing over 380 prominent organisations from both the private and the public sectors, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants