Emal receives Gold Kaizen Award
Abu Dhabi, January 2, 2012
The cast house of Emirates Aluminium (Emal) recently received a Gold Kaizen Award for its application of advanced quality methodologies.
Emal was honoured at the Dubai Quality Group’s (DQG) 3rd Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium, a statement from the company said.
Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, Emal president and CEO, said: “Through strong teamwork and communication, the Emal cast house team was able to increase billet production from 95 percent to 100 percent in 12 months, generating a massive 5 percent boost in revenue with zero additional cost to the smelter.”
Held globally on the second Thursday of November every year, World Quality Day aims to promote awareness of quality to individuals and organisations globally, and is celebrated locally by the Dubai Department of Economic Development that created DQG, the statement said.
DGQ is a non-profit organisation of 2,000 individuals representing over 380 prominent organisations from both the private and the public sectors, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Takamul, Air Products to launch gases JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft