GPIC achieves new safety milestone
Manama, January 3, 2012
Bahrain-based Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) said ithas achieved a record number of working hours without any accidents last year, equivalent to 4,413 days of work.
This achievement is the highest in the history of GPIC since its founding, said the company in a statement.
It comes after a year full of achievements unprecedented in the field of safety, health and the environment locally and globally, the statement added.
On the achievement, president Abdulrahman Jawahery said, "GPIC is an example of the excellent cooperation of GCC, due to pumping of resources financial, time and effort and hard work to achieve the highest levels of safety and health in all stages of manufacturing, production and take precedence over the safety of individuals to make a profit."
GPIC, he said, will continue to maintain the highest levels of performance in the field of safety, health and environment.
"The prevention of accidents is one of the pillars of management upon which to build all the decisions taken in the company, requiring a great deal of responsibility and awareness, and win the company's repeated and the rival of major international companies over the years," Jawahery added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event