Chinese journalists visit Alba
Manama, January 3, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), a leading aluminium smelter, recently welcomed a visiting nine-member delegation of Chinese journalists to its plant.
Bahrain’s Economic Development Board (EDB) hosted the Chinese delegation represented by journalists from Global Times, International Business Daily, Cijing magazine and other periodicals.
Their visit to Bahrain was aimed at familiarising themselves with Bahrain’s investment potential, economic policies as well as hold meetings with leading figures from the public and private sector.
Alba’s Investor & Public Relations manager Eline Hilal, Casthouse Supervisor Hameed Taqi as well as Senior Development Engineer Anand Sandhanam met the delegation when they visited the Alba plant.
“We like to thank EDB for bringing the delegation of Chinese business journalists to the Alba plant,” said Laurent Schmitt, Alba’s chief executive.
“During their visit, we highlighted how Alba has benefited from Bahrain’s forward thinking and dynamic economic policies in the forty years that the company has been in operation. We also praised the strong trade ties that exist between China and Bahrain, and discussed our commitment to strengthen our Asian presence through our regional office in Hong Kong,” he added.
The Chinese delegation was given a tour around the different facilities in the plant, and also briefed on the aluminium production process.
They were also given insight on the company's credentials as a corporate citizen, environmental commitment, safety policies, adherence to quality as well as its role as an industrial powerhouse in Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo