3M to showcase abrasive range
Sharjah, January 9, 2012
3M Gulf, a leader in research and development, will showcase its complete abrasives product portfolio at a major show for the steel and metal-working industry that opened in Sharjah today (January 9).
The 2012 edition of Steel FAB trade show will run until January 12 at Expo Centre Sharjah.
3M’s range of products will include the recently launched 3M Cubitron II and 3M Scotch-Weld innovative solutions.
The show will also witness 3M executive Prashant Sadalgekar participating in a seminar on January 10th wherein he will elaborate on the salient features of the Cubitron II product.
“Steel FAB is a unique show and one of its kind in the Middle East for the metal fabrication industry, which is one of the core competence industries for 3M Industrial and Transport solutions unit,” said Fadi Medlej, country business leader 3M Industrial and Transportation.
“Our key objective of participating at SteelFAB is to highlight our innovative abrasives portfolio including Cubitron II which has several applications in the fabrication industry and will be showcased at our exhibit with the aid of live demonstrations,” he added.
3M has literally reinvented abrasives with 3M Cubitron II products, a statement said.
Starting with a patented, precision-shaped ceramic abrasive grain, 3M engineers found a way to electrostatically orient each triangular structure to maximize cutting potential.
As a resultant of this, each individual precision-shaped ceramic grain acts like a cutting tool, slicing through metal like a knife, and continuously self-sharpens as points break off, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects