Safco Q4 net profit up 25pc to $453m
Riyadh, January 11, 2012
Saudi Arabian Fertilizers Company (Safco) reported a fourth quarter net profit of 1.27 billion riyals ($453 million) on Wednesday, a 25 percent rise over the same period of the previous year that it attributed to a rise in fertiliser prices and sales volumes.
The result beat expectations for the affiliate of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic), with five analysts polled by Reuters anticipating on average a net profit of 1.14 billion riyals.
The company's performance compared to the 1.03 billion riyals it recorded in the fourth quarter of 2010 and a 5 percent increase over the 1.21 billion riyals of profit in the third quarter of 2011. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants