Safco Q4 net profit up 25pc to $453m
Riyadh, January 11, 2012
Saudi Arabian Fertilizers Company (Safco) reported a fourth quarter net profit of 1.27 billion riyals ($453 million) on Wednesday, a 25 percent rise over the same period of the previous year that it attributed to a rise in fertiliser prices and sales volumes.
The result beat expectations for the affiliate of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic), with five analysts polled by Reuters anticipating on average a net profit of 1.14 billion riyals.
The company's performance compared to the 1.03 billion riyals it recorded in the fourth quarter of 2010 and a 5 percent increase over the 1.21 billion riyals of profit in the third quarter of 2011. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL celebrates Bahrain national day
- Qatar Petroleum unit set for $880m IPO
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2