TNT boosts Lebanon motorbike fleet
Beirut, January 15, 2012
TNT Express, a leading express delivery service provider, said it has introduced more new motorbikes into the existing fleet to expand its coverage in Lebanon.
The strengthening of the fleet will help to provide efficient and timely service to its customers in Lebanon, the company said in a statement.
Roger Haddad, country general manager for TNT Express in Lebanon, said: "The fleet expansion by adding 7 new Piaggio Liberty motorbikes is an important aspect but our activities also include encouraging safe driving behaviour amongst our employees, by wearing airbag vests and helmets with earpiece."
"Our supplier ANB Motorcycles is providing our courier team with trainings on bike safe riding through its dedicated riding school," he added.
TNT Express in Lebanon provides specific logistics solutions to meet diverse industry needs such as manufacturers, retailers, textiles manufacturers and wholesalers, automotive, electronics, and printing.
Tim Frank, general manager for TNT Associates in the Middle East and Indian sub-continent, said, "The Netholding investment in new motorbikes marks the expansion of our operations in Beirut, and the Metn coast area."
"We expect that the extended fleet will help us serve our customers by providing timely and efficient services across Lebanon and reaffirm our corporate responsibility engagement," he added.
TNT Express is represented in Lebanon by The Netholding Sal, a long-established company specialised in the express and freight business.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events