Alba backs top garden show in Bahrain
Manama, January 16, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has announced its sponsorship of the Bahrain International Garden Show 2012 that opened today (January 16) in the kingdom.
The Bahrain International Garden Show 2012 is being organised under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and the support of HRH Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Majesty the King of Bahrain.
The event, organised by the National Initiative for Agricultural Development, United Nations Industrial Development Organisation and the Economic Development Board – Bahrain, will run up to January 18 at the Bahrain International Convention & Exhibition Centre.
The theme for this year’s event is “Inspiring Agricultural Sustainability” and it will be highlighting the need to promote sustainable agricultural practices.
There will be a comprehensive display of the diverse roles that individuals, companies and policy makers play in ensuring the best utilisation of precious resources and in securing a better future for generations to come.
“Alba is proud of its association with the Bahrain International Garden Show over the past many years,” said Laurent Schmitt, Alba’s chief executive.
“This annual event has played a crucial role since its launch nearly ten years ago in generating interest in gardening and agriculture amongst Bahrain’s residents as well as in promoting the spread of Bahrain’s green cover.”
“We are confident that this year, too, this event will continue to be an inspiration to raise greater environmental awareness and encourage the growth of the agricultural sector in Bahrain,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures