PR Association elects new vice president
Dubai, January 30, 2012
Etisalat’s chief corporate communications officer, Ali Al Ahmed, has been elected as the UAE vice president of the International Public Relations Association- Gulf Chapter (IPRA-GC)
He is mandated with driving the organisation’s growth in the UAE, with a focus on strengthening industry partnerships and further enhancing IPRA-GC’s profile in the country, a statement from the company said.
“IPRA-GC has played a key role in promoting dialogue and industry partnerships. The organisation’s focus on promoting the standards of the industry and bringing in global best practices will help in further driving the growth of the communications industry in the region, which has strong potential for further development,” Al Ahmed said.
As vice president, he will be responsible for ensuring an effective integration of the corporation’s business units with its communications campaigns. He will also provide strategic input for positioning the brand and its identity, with a consistent focus on a uniformed implementation through multiple channels of media.
Prior to this role, Al Ahmed held the position of Etisalat Group’s chief strategy officer where he served for two years and was responsible for identifying new growth opportunities and the development of effective business models.
His appointment has come at a crucial time when the Association is organising and hosting the 20th Public Relations World Congress (PRWC), for the first time in the Middle East, from March 13 to 15 in Dubai.
It will be held under the patronage of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
The International Public Relations Association (IPRA) organises the biennial congress that brings together global PR professionals to brainstorm on the latest trends and challenges in the communications industry.
More than 500 delegates from across the world are expected to attend the event which will be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai. The theme is “From the Arab Street to Wall Street: Communications in the Age of Dialogue”. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan