Algeco names ME sales manager
Dubai, February 8, 2012
Algeco, a leading global supplier of modular space and secure storage rental and sales solutions, has named Paul Backwell as regional sales manager to cover the Middle East region.
Backwell, who joins from Al Masaood Bergum, will support continued growth in the region with a focus on the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
Originally from South Africa, Backwell has been in the UAE since 2005.
Jim Muldoon, GCC general manager of Algeco, said: “This is a significant appointment for Algeco and we are delighted to welcome Paul on board. His experience of the industry and of the region will stand us in good stead for continued growth in 2012. 2011 saw a very strong performance – we exceeded targets and experienced particularly strong demand for our rental products.”
“Qatar and the UAE will remain key markets as we move into 2012 with KSA becoming an increasing focus given the levels of investment in infrastructure and construction projects,” he added.
“I’m delighted to be joining Algeco at such an exciting time for the company – Algeco is going from strength to strength and I’m looking forward to being part of its continued success,” Backwell said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman
- Siemens names key Middle East officials
- Dow plans to sell chlorine operations
- Sabic opens $100m R&D centre in China