21 Dutch firms showcase at Gulf Industry Fair
Manama, February 9, 2012
Holland made its first visit to the ongoing Gulf Industry Fair (GIF) 2012 in Bahrain, a major showcase of market-leading products, services and capabilities, with a national pavilion that represented 21 companies.
"It is very important to us that we should show our interest in the region and our intention to support doing business in Bahrain," said Dutch honorary consul Jaap Vaandrager.
"We have companies represented here from across a wide range of industry, including hydro equipment, sustainable energy, marine and offshore and waste management.
"Holland has first-class companies which want to build a business bridge between our country and Bahrain, particularly in the field of specialist high technology enterprises," he said.
"Larger Dutch companies already operate in this region but this fair allows us to support small and medium enterprises which are strong in Holland to be represented here," Vaandrager added.
"By setting up this pavilion, we can give them courage and support them to enter this market. It means that we can guide their potential in an area which is perhaps unknown to them," he said.
"So far we have made a lot of contacts and the show has been very successful and I think all these companies will be keen to repeat this exercise next year," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport