Saudi Airlines Cargo to launch budget solution
Jeddah, February 12, 2012
Saudi Airlines Cargo is set to launch a low-end belly product with longer transit times at hubs for attractive rates.
Based on the belly capacity of the aircraft, BellyFlex is ideally suited for the shipment of normal-sized cargo, a statement said.
Utilizing the extensive Saudi Arabian Airlines (SV) passenger network, BellyFlex will deliver less urgent shipments within a transit time of 4-8 days from origin to destination.
“We are delighted to be introducing BellyFlex to the market. By opening up the massive SV belly network for this new product we will be able to meet growing customer demand for cost-effective solutions for shipping non-urgent cargo,” said Peter Scholten, VP Commercial at Saudi Airlines Cargo.
BellyFlex will be available to the following major destinations: London, Paris, New York, Washington DC, Jakarta, Manila, Kuala Lumpur, Guangzhou, Mumbai, Delhi, Karachi, Islamabad, Cairo, Dubai, Khartoum and Beirut, as well as many more destinations on the SV network. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour