GPIC achieves new safety milestone
Manama, February 20, 2012
Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) said it had set a new record last year by registering more than 14.9 million man hours without accident since 2002.
The company was able to manufacture 1.5 million tonnes of ammonia, urea and methanol, which was the highest annual output since the launch of the GPIC, said senior officials at the company's annual meeting.
The urea plant achieved an annual record of 673,681 tonnes of production during 2011, which was the highest since it went on stream in 1998.
A total of 1.1 million tonnes of products were exported on board 61 ships, they added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad