Saudi Cargo announces China expansion
Jeddah, March 3, 2012
Saudi Airlines Cargo said it will add a second freighter to its portfolio of flights operating to/from the Far East mainly mainland China starting from tomorrow (March 4).
The new MD11F service will operate every Sunday night from Guangzhou (CAN) offering a direct freighter connection to Brussels.
With the commencement of the new freighter service, Saudi Cargo will offer 180T per week from the largest manufacturing base in South China to destinations in the Middle East, Africa and Europe.
The Saudi firm said via a combination of passenger and freighter flights, total frequencies from Guangzhou will increase to five per week.
“This new expansion comes at a fitting time as China’s export market fully reopens after Chinese New Year,” commented Vikram Vohra, the regional sales director Far East at Saudi Airlines Cargo.
“It will enable Saudi Cargo to take a leading position from Guangzhou, offering shippers dedicated capacity and access to its worldwide global network,” he added.
The company operates scheduled freighter services with 12 freighters and sells the belly-capacity on 140 passenger aircraft for Saudi Arabian Airlines spanning a rapidly expanding global network of 225 destinations.
The cargo airline also provides cost-effective and practical worldwide charter flight solutions from a growing fleet of dedicated charter aircraft.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week