Saudi Cargo announces China expansion
Jeddah, March 3, 2012
Saudi Airlines Cargo said it will add a second freighter to its portfolio of flights operating to/from the Far East mainly mainland China starting from tomorrow (March 4).
The new MD11F service will operate every Sunday night from Guangzhou (CAN) offering a direct freighter connection to Brussels.
With the commencement of the new freighter service, Saudi Cargo will offer 180T per week from the largest manufacturing base in South China to destinations in the Middle East, Africa and Europe.
The Saudi firm said via a combination of passenger and freighter flights, total frequencies from Guangzhou will increase to five per week.
“This new expansion comes at a fitting time as China’s export market fully reopens after Chinese New Year,” commented Vikram Vohra, the regional sales director Far East at Saudi Airlines Cargo.
“It will enable Saudi Cargo to take a leading position from Guangzhou, offering shippers dedicated capacity and access to its worldwide global network,” he added.
The company operates scheduled freighter services with 12 freighters and sells the belly-capacity on 140 passenger aircraft for Saudi Arabian Airlines spanning a rapidly expanding global network of 225 destinations.
The cargo airline also provides cost-effective and practical worldwide charter flight solutions from a growing fleet of dedicated charter aircraft.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai