Commercial vehicles event set to open
Dubai, March 5, 2012
Transport, fleet and logistics decision makers from across the region’s road transport business will attend the showcase event for the Middle East commercial vehicles industry set to open in Dubai tomorrow (March 6).
Commercial Vehicles Middle East is a three-day event which will be held at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre and runs in tandem with the Commercial Vehicles Conference.
It will see a panel of experts from leading transport organisations addressing key issues for the industry, a statement from the organisers said.
Mercedes-Benz, title sponsor for the exhibition and the recipient of the Fleet Truck of the Year 2011 award for its Axor truck at the Motor Transport Awards in London, will showcase its latest range of trucks, including its flagship model for the Middle East, the Actros, as well its off-road specialist, the Zetros.
Renault Trucks, which uses a network of 19 dealerships, 25 service points and mobile workshops to cover 19 countries across the region, will also have a prominent presence with its 4x4 Sherpa Scout military vehicle and the impressive 6x6 Kerax off-road truck.
The 30 tonne, 10.8 litre Kerax is the official support vehicle for the annual Dakar rally in Argentina, and was put through its paces in front of a large gathering of media last week in the desert near Bab Al Shams resort, the statement said.
Other industry heavyweights in the exhibition line-up include gold sponsor Shell, Michelin, Arabian Automobiles, Isuzu, IVECO, Hino, Daimler Middle East, and Emirates Transport.
The event which is in its third year is organised by Streamline Marketing Group, it said.
Alexandria Robinson, project manager, Commercial Vehicles Middle East, said: “Commercial Vehicles Middle East exhibition and conference is the only event in the region providing an all-in-one platform for knowledge exchange, commercial partnerships, market analysis, and technology updates for transport, fleet and logistics managers.”
“The event will feature more than 3500 sq m of exhibition space, and will be busy with product demonstrations, networking functions, a workshop programme and more than 100 local and international exhibitors showcasing the widest range of commercial vehicles, parts and services in the region,” she said.
The conference culminates on March 8 with feature seminar by the RTA, outlining the new registration process of heavy vehicle trailers as part of their continued focus on heavy vehicle safety, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Carlyle sells stake in Saudi lighting firm to Philips
- Alba receives top UK honour
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth