E-Marine completes Salalah depot expansion
Muscat, March 6, 2012
E-Marine, a leading submarine cable installation, maintenance and repair company, has completed the expansion of its depot facilities in the Port of Salalah in Oman.
Omar Bin Kalban, managing director and CEO of e-Marine, said: “In order to meet the rising demand for bonded storage facilities for the wet plants, we expanded our storage area capacity in Salalah by almost 40 per cent by an adding additional 420 sq m which has been operational since January.”
“Our existing strong commitments to various customers as well as the new customer’s activities led e-Marine to increase the storage capacity by building a new facility in Salalah site,” he said.
The facility is designed to provide safe and sound storage of highly sensitive undersea cables and accessories. The depot now occupies now a total area of around 1,560 sq m with nine cable tanks and has a total cable storage capacity about 2,000 cubic meters.
It also has a well equipped laboratory and fiber optic workshop, forklifts, hauling machines and ancillary equipment, said a statement.
The company is ISO certified and owns three cable ships and one special purpose cable laying support vessel which are all fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour