Suez Canal revenue falls to $388m in Feb
Cairo, March 10, 2012
Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal inched down one per cent in the year to February, the Egyptian Information Portal website showed on Saturday.
Revenue fell to $381.4 million in February from $388.7 million in February 2011, the website said. Revenue in January 2012 was $445.8 million.
The waterway is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week