Dow to showcase at top coatings show
Dubai, March 11, 2012
The Dow Chemical Company, a global leader in science and technology, will be showcasing its range of leading products and services at a major coatings exhibition opening tomorrow (March 12) in Dubai.
The Middle East Coatings Show (MECS) 2012 will run up to March 14 at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Among the many products that will be on display are leading-edge technologies that improve durability, cut costs, increase efficiency, reduce environmental impact and improve overall handling and performance.
“MECS is an ideal venue for Dow to showcase our extensive capabilities as a total solutions provider for formulators in the coatings, building and construction industry, helping them to meet the infrastructure needs of the Middle East and Africa region,” said Dr Ilham Kadri, general manager, Dow Advanced Materials Division, Middle East and Africa (ME&A).
“It is also a great platform for us to interact with key customers in the region, highlighting the sustainable solutions with advanced performance and cost advantages that Dow Coating Materials, Dow Construction Chemicals, Dow Microbial Control and Dow Performance Additives have to offer.”
Technical, marketing and commercial representatives from the businesses will be present to share the latest product developments specifically designed to meet customer needs and the application demands typical of the ME&A markets.
Dow Coating Materials is an innovative coatings raw material supplier in the world, operating 43 manufacturing plants worldwide and 12 dedicated R&D facilities across all major geographic markets where Dow does business.
Dow Construction Chemicals uses its extensive application know-how in acrylic, redispersible latex powder and cellulosic chemistries, and features technologies enabling durable high-quality building structures, such as high-performance cement renders.
Dow Microbial Control innovates with science and technology to help manufacturers protect and enhance the value of their paints and coatings with sustainable microbial control solutions.
Dow Performance Additives is able to help customers reduce formulation work and provide more options in creating multifunctional coating systems with lower VOC/odour, without sacrificing performance through its industry-standard ANGUS multifunctional neutralizer technology. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai