Alba lauds strong Asean trade links
Manama, March 12, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) has praised strong economic ties between the kingdom and the Association of South East Asian Nations (Asean) during a visit to the plant by senior members of the Asean diplomatic corps based in the Kingdom.
"Alba remains committed to increasing its footprint in Asia in general and the Asean countries in particular," said chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
"We have recently set up a sales office in Hong Kong to bolster our marketing efforts and tap demands of a growing customer base in the region," he added.
"It was a privilege to meet senior diplomats and share with them the success the company has experienced so far, and the confidence we have in seeing substantial growth in the coming years."
The Asean ambassadors were later given an extended tour of the smelter and a presentation on the company's environmental commitment, safety policies, and adherence to quality, corporate and social responsibility initiatives as well as contribution to the national economy.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai