Art Marine appoints new CEO
Dubai, March 17, 2012
Art Marine, an Abraaj Capital Partner company, has appointed industry veteran, Didier Maillard, as its new Chief executive officer effective April 1.
Current Art Marine president and CEO Constantinos Constantinou announced the appointment at this year’s 20th edition of the Dubai International Boat Show and introduced Maillard to attending industry exhibitors, regional and international customers, and media representatives.
“It is with great pleasure that I announce the appointment of my successor, Didier Maillard, who has served as Art Marine’s CFO for the past three years. During the time, and in line with changes in our industry, our company has embarked on an evolution in line with a more client focussed approach. Didier has been instrumental during this time, and is perfectly suited to lead the company during its next phase of development,” said Constantinou.
Maillard said: “It is with great excitement and pride that I am assuming my new responsibilities. It has been a pleasure working with and learning from an industry expert such as Constantinos in the past three years, and building together what is today one of the leading brands in the industry. Art Marine is truly a household name in the business.”
Attending the Dubai International Boat Show are some of Art Marine’s most significant business partners including Azimut-Benetti, one of the finest names in yachting.
Vincenzo Poero, CEO of Benetti Spa said: “We would like to welcome Didier in his new position and look forward to working with him in the future. On behalf of the Azimut–Benetti Group, we sincerely thank Constantinos for working closely with our team to maintain Azimut and Benetti as the leading brands in the region, and wish him the very best.”
“Didier Maillard has been instrumental in developing the Art Marine brand over the past three years. A veteran in the industry, he brings extensive operating experience and a deep knowledge of the company to this role. We believe that he is ideally positioned to successfully implement company’s growth strategy and herald a new phase in Art Marine’s development,” said Matteo Stefanel, senior partner, Abraaj Capital.
The 20th anniversary of the Dubai International Boat Show concludes today (March 17) at Dubai International Marine Club – Mina Seyahi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV