Dubal co-hosts metal quality forum
Dubai, March 19, 2012
Dubai Aluminium (Dubal), a major single-site aluminium smelter, will co-host a major global metal quality workshop with Pyrotek, an international metals and technical services company.
The fifth international Metal Quality Workshop (MQW5) is set to open today (March 19) at the Meydan Hotel in Dubai, and will run up to March 22.
The forum will target improving performance in the production and processing of aluminium: topics which also reflect Dubal’s commitment to absolute quality and continuous improvement.
A not-for-profit, invitation-only event, MQW5 will focus on improving metal quality, operating performance and productivity in primary aluminium smelters, secondary re-melters, casthouses and foundries.
The agenda includes technical papers and case studies on improving performance, workshops featuring panels of industry specialists in specific areas of aluminium production and processing, and a technology fair that includes informal round-table discussions on selected topics.
“By installing leading-edge technologies, whether in-house developed or outsourced, Dubal ensures that the highest quality metal is produced by our smelter complex at all times, thereby meeting our customers’ exacting specifications; while simultaneously maximizing the operating efficiency and productivity of all our facilities,” said Dr Feras Allan, vice president: Product and Casting Services, Dubal.
“To this end, we nurture long-term, value-adding partnerships with leading vendors of technology, equipment and services; and continually seek to broaden our knowledge and expertise through participation in industry forums where best practices are shared.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai