TNT gets employee investment award
Saudi, March 19, 2012
TNT Express, one of the world’s largest express delivery companies, said it has maintained its 'Investors in People' (IiP) award for continued investment in employee excellence.
The certificate was awarded to TNT SAB Express in Saudi Arabia as well as in Bahrain, the company said in a statement.
TNT Express Middle East has fully embraced the IiP philosophy and, as a result, has successfully recognised the potential of its workforce and improved its bottom line and overall performance, it added.
“In the service industry people are our product and our ethos is employees are key to the success of our organization. It is therefore vital they are skilled, flexible and motivated. This award is a reiteration to our commitment to staff development' remarked Mark Woodcock, country general manager for TNT SAB Express and TNT Express Bahrain.
TNT was the first in the world to gain global IiP accreditation back in 1994, a position it has maintained for the past 17 years, said the official. It was also the first to win the famous IiP 'laurels' in the express delivery sector, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Abraaj acquires top African frozen dairy business
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence