Bahrain retailers lauded for price stability
Manama, March 25, 2012
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro visited Waitrose and Al Osra supermarkets on Amwaj Islands and stressed the importance of diversifying import sources and providing substantial quantities of consumer goods at reasonable prices.
During his visit on Saturday, the minister commended the efforts exerted by Al Osra supermarkets to meet consumer needs with various promotional offers, which helped increase sales and maintain price stability.
Dr Fakhro praised Al Osra's role in supporting local agricultural products.
He also visited Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall and was briefed on shopping activities, promotional offers and recreational programmes to attract shoppers and visitors.
He was thanked for his constant follow up and his role in backing commercial activities in the kingdom.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services