Bahrain retailers lauded for price stability
Manama, March 25, 2012
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro visited Waitrose and Al Osra supermarkets on Amwaj Islands and stressed the importance of diversifying import sources and providing substantial quantities of consumer goods at reasonable prices.
During his visit on Saturday, the minister commended the efforts exerted by Al Osra supermarkets to meet consumer needs with various promotional offers, which helped increase sales and maintain price stability.
Dr Fakhro praised Al Osra's role in supporting local agricultural products.
He also visited Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall and was briefed on shopping activities, promotional offers and recreational programmes to attract shoppers and visitors.
He was thanked for his constant follow up and his role in backing commercial activities in the kingdom.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014