Mohammad Husain with Hamad
Equate Petrochemical names new CEO
Kuwait, April 8, 2012
Equate Petrochemical Company, a major player in the petrochemical sector based in Kuwait, has appointed industry veteran Mohammad Husain as its new president & CEO.
Husain will be succeeding Hamad Al-Terkait who served in that role from 2001, said a company statement.
With over 30 years of extensive professional service, Husain held several leading posts, administrative and technical, at Kuwait Oil Company, Petrochemical Industries Company and finally at Kuwait National Petroleum Company, where he was deputy chairman and deputy managing director for Mina Al-Ahmadi Refinery.
Having served at several leadership positions and board memberships, Husain's overall competencies and areas of expertise include exploration, development and production of oil and gas, petrochemical and downstream activities, as well as corporate planning and strategy development, the statement added.
Commenting on his new role, Husain said, 'Equate will continue being a true embodiment of ‘Partners in Success’ at all levels within and outside Kuwait through its world-class human resources and business excellence.”
He also expressed utmost appreciation to Al-Terkait for his pioneering leadership of Equate.
Established in 1995, the Kuwaiti petrochemical giant is a JV between Petrochemical Industries Company, Dow Chemical, Boubyan Petrochemical Company and Qurain Petrochemical Industries Company.
Equate, which started production in 1997, is the single operator of a fully-integrated manufacturing facility producing over 5 million tons of petrochemical products annually which are marketed throughout the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu