DWC handles heaviest single cargo item
Dubai, April 11, 2012
The heaviest single cargo item ever to pass through Dubai’s airports was handled successfully at Dubai World Central, Dubai’s second airport, in a 12-hour operation on Monday, a top official said.
The shipment, a 95-tonne turbine, was loaded on to a TTS-Volga Depner operated Antonov 124 and was destined for the Nigerian state of Sokoto, the statement said.
Opened for cargo operations in June 2010, DWC handled 89,729 tonnes of freight and a total of 8,198 aircraft movements during its first full calendar year of operations in 2011.
Dubai Airports will issue the first quarter results for the airport at the end of April. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad