DWC handles heaviest single cargo item
Dubai, April 11, 2012
The heaviest single cargo item ever to pass through Dubai’s airports was handled successfully at Dubai World Central, Dubai’s second airport, in a 12-hour operation on Monday, a top official said.
The shipment, a 95-tonne turbine, was loaded on to a TTS-Volga Depner operated Antonov 124 and was destined for the Nigerian state of Sokoto, the statement said.
Opened for cargo operations in June 2010, DWC handled 89,729 tonnes of freight and a total of 8,198 aircraft movements during its first full calendar year of operations in 2011.
Dubai Airports will issue the first quarter results for the airport at the end of April. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai