Saudi Cement Q1 net up 53pc, beats estimates
Riyadh, April 14, 2012
Saudi Cement Company, a Saudi joint stock company operating two cement plants in the kingdom, posted a 53.4 per cent rise in first-quarter net profit, beating estimates.
The firm made a net profit of SR325.6 million ($86.8 million) in the period, compared with SR210.8 million a year earlier, it said in a bourse statement on Saturday.
Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast average earnings of SR269.3 million. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour