Alba production, sales hit new high
Manama, April 15, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), said its production figures grew 2 per cent in the first quarter to 220,738 metric tonnes (MT) compared to 216,792 MT last year thus posting its 5th straight quarter of positive growth.
One of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, Alba said in continuation of its positive momentum set in 2011, the company's sales for the quarter were almost stable compared to last year at 214,891 MT.
Despite the European slowdown, the company was able to sustain its sales figure at 214,891 MT for the first quarter of 2012, said the statement from Alba.
In addition, the value-added sales recovered at 63 per cent in the first quarter from 57 per cent in the last quarter of 2011 – reflecting the recovery of the European and Asian markets after the drop in year-end 2011.
Commenting on the milestone, CEO Laurent Schmitt said Alba was well-positioned to continue with the positive trend established in 2011 through its sales and production figures.
'One of the key incentives for this growth has been the successful adoption of lean management techniques across the organisation as well as the joint efforts of our workforce in ensuring the company achieves its goals,' he remarked.
Alba, he said, remains committed to pursue continuous improvement initiatives to build upon the culture of operational efficiency that underpins the company’s performance.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV