Milaha appoints new senior executive
Doha, May 7, 2012
Milaha, formerly known as Qatar Navigation, has appointed Michel Deleuran as executive vice president, Maritime Operations.
Deleuran was most recently Group senior vice president and chief executive, North Europe region, at AP Moller – Maersk, and brings over 25 years of global experience across several business areas in the maritime industry.
He has undertaken both line management as well as cross-unit strategic roles at the highest level over the past decade and been posted in his native Denmark, Egypt, Taiwan, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand and Japan.
At Milaha, he will be directly overseeing the activities of the gas, petrochem and maritime & logistics business pillars.
“We are very pleased and excited to have Michel on board and to welcome him to the Milaha family,” said Sheikh Ali bin Jassim Al Thani, Milaha’s chairman & managing director.
“His background and vast leadership and operational experience will be invaluable in driving forward Milaha’s ambitious growth plans in its core sectors.”
Deleuran is an alumnus of Harvard Business School as well as Wharton and Columbia Business School. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects