Suez Canal revenue at $433m in April
Cairo, May 10, 2012
Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal fell 0.3 percent in the year to April, the Egyptian Information Portal showed on Wednesday. Revenue decreased to $433.1 million in April from $434.6 million in April 2011.
Revenue in March was $428 million.
The waterway is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office