British Ambassador visits Alba plant
Manama, May 23, 2012
Alba's position as a global company with a presence for its high-grade aluminium products in European markets was highlighted during a goodwill visit to the Alba plant by British Ambassador Iain Lindsay.
Alba chief executive Laurent Schmitt briefed Lindsay on the strides the company has made over the past 40 years in strengthening its export potential, tapping key marketing territories worldwide, and raising Bahrain's profile as a key industrial centre in the region.
"The relations between Bahrain and the UK go back many years, and have been bolstered by the social, cultural, economic and political ties between the two countries," said Schmitt.
"With the recent opening of a sales office in Europe, we are confident that it will boost our association with British and other European companies, and succeed in enlarging the footprint of our product portfolio in Europe," he added.
Lindsay was given an extended tour of the smelter and also given a brief presentation of Alba's environmental commitment, safety policies, adherence to quality, corporate social responsibility initiatives and contribution to Bahrain's economy. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman
- Siemens names key Middle East officials
- Dow plans to sell chlorine operations
- Sabic opens $100m R&D centre in China