Samsung wins quality award for lube plant
Manama, May 23, 2012
Samsung Engineering has won a major quality award for its role in the execution of the Bapco Lube Base Oil Plant (LBOP) in Bahrain.
The Meed Quality Award for Projects 2012 ceremony was held recently at the Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa.
"The Lube Base Oil Plant is one of the largest of its type in the world, and we are honored to have played a role in the development of Bahrain as the engineering, procurement and construction contractor for this project,” said Kyung-tae Kim, Samsung Engineering vice president and construction project manager of the LBOP.
“With the support of our respected client Bapco and partners, we were able to execute the project on time and achieve the safety milestone of 10 million man hours without lost time incident.”
In August 2008, Samsung Engineering was awarded the LBOP project by Bahrain’s National Oil Company, Bapco. The engineering, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning contract received was $314 million in value, delivered on a lump-sum turn-key basis, and achieved project completion on November 29, 2011.
This project benefited the national economy substantially, as it involved local sub contractors who employed approximately 3,000 workers for the execution of the project, including around 200 Bahrain nationals.
Samsung Engineering also played a role in facilitating the development of Bahrain by donating $100,000 towards the renovation of the children’s ward and medical equipment for Salmaniya Hospital on November 28, 2011. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Carlyle sells stake in Saudi lighting firm to Philips
- Alba receives top UK honour
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth