Suez Canal revenue steady at $434m in May
Cairo, June 5, 2012
Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal was almost unchanged at $434.6 million in May compared to the previous month, the canal authority said in a statement on Tuesday.
Revenue in April was $433.1 million. In May 2011 it was $436.6 million.
The waterway is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend