Suez Canal revenue steady at $434m in May
Cairo, June 5, 2012
Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal was almost unchanged at $434.6 million in May compared to the previous month, the canal authority said in a statement on Tuesday.
Revenue in April was $433.1 million. In May 2011 it was $436.6 million.
The waterway is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- RAK FTZ names chief executive officer
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment