Alba sponsors key China trade fair
Manama, June 6, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) has announced its sponsorship and participation in Aluminium China 2012, one of Asia's leading trade fairs for the aluminium industry.
The event opens today (June 6) at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre in China and runs until Friday. It will offer opportunities for knowledge exchange and networking with industry peers across the entire spectrum of the aluminium value chain.
'Asia presents one of the most dynamic markets for the aluminium industry, and Alba remains keen on expanding the footprint of its product portfolio in the continent,' said Alba chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
'We currently export more than 15 per cent of our products to Asia, and we are confident to see additional growth with the opening of our sales office in Hong Kong.
'Our participation in this event enables us to explore business opportunities with potential trade partners as well as raise greater awareness of Bahrain's attractiveness as an economic destination for international investors,' he added.
Aluminium China - held successfully for the past seven years - brings together the entire aluminium supply chain under one roof representing delegates from more than 90 countries.
A conference under the theme '2012 China Aluminium Fabrication Forum' will also be held alongside the exhibition, and include presentations by industry leaders.
Alba recently set up a sales office in Hong Kong to tap into the demands of Asia's emerging markets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai