Dubai firm wins US army contract
Washington, June 23, 2012
Anham, a leading contracting firm based in Dubai, has won the contract to provide full-line food and non-food distribution and support to the US troops in Afghanistan.
Anham is a contracting company created by the principals of the Arab Supply and Trading Company (Astra) of Saudi; GMS Holdings (a principal founder of Munir Sukhtian International) of Jordan; and HII-Finance Corporation of Vienna, Virginia, US.
The UAE-headquartered Anham said the contract was awarded by the United States Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
Commenting on the win, Anham said, "We have a long track record of conducting large scale, successful operations in the most demanding conditions. Whether it is our support of the US troops and State Department in Iraq, Kuwait and Jordan or the United States Army in Afghanistan, we deliver the best services on time and within budget."
"Our team looks forward to building upon its legacy of exceptional service to American taxpayers and the US government," it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants