Sabic, German firm sign research pact
Riyadh, June 24, 2012
The Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic) and Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, a leading German organisation for applied research, recently signed an agreement to jointly develop advanced technologies.
The multiyear agreement in Sittard, the Netherlands, on June 22 aims to develop innovative solutions to meet global needs and demands in societal areas such as light weight construction and renewable energy.
The agreement was signed by Dr Ernesto Occhiello, Sabic executive vice president, Technology and Innovation, and Prof Ulrich Buller, senior vice president Research Planning, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft.
The strategic agreement between the two companies comprises various research areas.
Sabic is especially interested in research cooperation in fields such as light weighting products including polymeric materials and composites, with applications in the automotive and aerospace industry. Sabic also has a strong interest in solar energy technology, which Sabic strongly supports with its innovative products.
“We are proud to partner with Fraunhofer, reputed to be Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. As in the case of Sabic, the work undertaken by their researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives,” said Occhiello.
“We have built, and are continuing to build, networks of research alliances with key global partners and innovation leaders to meet our strategic growth ambitions, address customer interest, and meet sustainability needs,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport