US firm, AccessPlus partner for Africa growth
Dubai, July 5, 2012
US-based belkin, a leader in networking and home entertainment solutions, has partnered with UAE’s logistics company AccessPlus to further penetrate the African markets, especially the sub Saharan region and North Africa.
AccessPlus will be working with belkin to market and sell the full product range in markets such as Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria, among others.
Africa’s population in 2012 is estimated at over one billion people with some 120 million of those online and a greater percentage using mobile phones.
In 2011 Africa saw a 50 per cent growth in the purchase and use of smart phones according to IDC and this means a huge potential demand for the high quality peripherals that belkin offers, a statement said.
Walid Khaled, managing director of AccessPlus said “We have nearly 20 years’ experience in this field and we believe that this partnership between a global brand like belkin and an experienced logistics company like us will be a win/win scenario.”
“In moving to meet the demand we have been seeing from various African markets, we need to feel confident of this partnership and entrusting the belkin brand to AccessPlus is the right move” says Youssef El-Arif, sales manager at belkin MEA.
“It not only represents a real opportunity for our brand and the products we offer to be more readily available across Africa, but also means that we are offering consumers there more choice and that’s good,” added El-Arif. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures