US firm, AccessPlus partner for Africa growth
Dubai, July 5, 2012
US-based belkin, a leader in networking and home entertainment solutions, has partnered with UAE’s logistics company AccessPlus to further penetrate the African markets, especially the sub Saharan region and North Africa.
AccessPlus will be working with belkin to market and sell the full product range in markets such as Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria, among others.
Africa’s population in 2012 is estimated at over one billion people with some 120 million of those online and a greater percentage using mobile phones.
In 2011 Africa saw a 50 per cent growth in the purchase and use of smart phones according to IDC and this means a huge potential demand for the high quality peripherals that belkin offers, a statement said.
Walid Khaled, managing director of AccessPlus said “We have nearly 20 years’ experience in this field and we believe that this partnership between a global brand like belkin and an experienced logistics company like us will be a win/win scenario.”
“In moving to meet the demand we have been seeing from various African markets, we need to feel confident of this partnership and entrusting the belkin brand to AccessPlus is the right move” says Youssef El-Arif, sales manager at belkin MEA.
“It not only represents a real opportunity for our brand and the products we offer to be more readily available across Africa, but also means that we are offering consumers there more choice and that’s good,” added El-Arif. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects