FLSmidth gets Egypt deal
Copenhagen, July 30, 2012
Danish engineering group FLSmidth & Co said on Monday it had received an order from the Egyptian National Cement Company for operation and maintenance of two production lines in Cairo.
FLSmidth, a supplier of engineering services and equipment to the cement and minerals industries, said the parties had agreed not to disclose the value of the seven-year contract.
"We are now for the first time also taking over the operation and maintenance of a plant, which was built by a competitor," chief executive Jorgen Rasmussen said in the statement.
The order would contribute beneficially to FLSmidth's earnings until 2019, it said. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans