FLSmidth gets Egypt deal
Copenhagen, July 30, 2012
Danish engineering group FLSmidth & Co said on Monday it had received an order from the Egyptian National Cement Company for operation and maintenance of two production lines in Cairo.
FLSmidth, a supplier of engineering services and equipment to the cement and minerals industries, said the parties had agreed not to disclose the value of the seven-year contract.
"We are now for the first time also taking over the operation and maintenance of a plant, which was built by a competitor," chief executive Jorgen Rasmussen said in the statement.
The order would contribute beneficially to FLSmidth's earnings until 2019, it said. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export