Ventyx seals $2.8m Saudi Maaden deal
Atlanta (US), August 20, 2012
Ventyx, an ABB company, said it has signed a $2.8 million deal with Ma'aden, the largest mining company in Saudi Arabia, for supply of its leading mining operations software solutions to enhance planning and performance in the firm's gold operations.
Ventyx is a leading supplier of Industrial Enterprise Software for essential industries such as energy, mining and public infrastructure
A diversified mining company, Ma'aden said it will implement Ventyx's intelligent mining solutions across the four existing mines of its Ma'aden Gold and Base Metals subsidiary.
The company also has plans to significantly expand its gold production in the coming years with a number of new projects due to come online.
'Ventyx has a long and successful record of helping complex, large-scale mining operations such as ours to optimize their performance,' remarked Yahia AlShangiti, the president of Ma'aden Gold and Base Metals Company.
'We have been impressed with both the company's deep domain expertise in mining, and the power and flexibility of the software. We anticipate that Ventyx will be a strong partner for us,' he noted.
'Specifically, Ma'aden is deploying two core mining applications from Ventyx's mining software portfolio: Ventyx Production Accounting, which streamlines metal accounting and provides insight into plant performance, and Ventyx MineMarket, which allows mining companies to track ore movements from the mine to the plant, manage stockpiles, track and manage logistics, and manage the complex sales and service contracts related to delivering product to their customers,' he noted.
Commenting on the win, Craig Jones, the Ventyx COO said, 'This is a strategically important agreement with Ma'aden, in which we're partnering with the region's largest mining company to help further their mining operations.'
The Saudi mining sector, he said, was growing and widely expected to become a 'third pillar' of Saudi Arabian industry.
'We also see excellent growth possibilities for Ventyx in this important mining region, and will be looking for opportunities to continue expanding our footprint,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba receives top UK honour
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps