Etihad launches new freighter service to Doha
Doha, August 30, 2012
Etihad Cargo, the cargo division of UAE’s national airline Etihad Airways, will inaugurate a new weekly freighter operation from Abu Dhabi to the Qatari capital, Doha, effective September 3.
The new cargo service will operate every Monday using an Airbus A300-600F freighter, with a capacity of 42 metric tonnes.
Etihad Airways already operates 26 weekly Airbus A319, A320 and A330 passenger services between the two cities.
David Kerr, vice president of Etihad Cargo, said: “We are delighted to launch our first dedicated freighter service to Doha, and believe that it will further strengthen the trade ties between the UAE and Qatar.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai