Mourjan Marinas IGY names Qatar manager
Dubai, September 10, 2012
Mourjan Marinas IGY, a leading luxury marina operator in the region, has appointed Mohamed El Newishy as the new manager for its regional operations across Qatar.
The UAE-based company manages Lusail City’s flagship marina, Lusail Marina, and the Four Seasons Hotel Doha marina.
Mohamed will make the move to Qatar following a successful three years at Dubai Marina Yacht Club, where he worked as marina administration manager.
In his new role, Mohamed's primary responsibilities will include overseeing berthing agreements, planning and implementing the marina maintenance programme across both facilities, managing operations and marina administration staff and ensuring all policies and regulations are met with Mourjan Marinas IGY’s standards.
Wayne Shepherd, the general manager Marina Operations at Mourjan Marinas IGY, said, "Mohamed joins Mourjan Marinas IGY at an exciting time. As we continue to strengthen our regional presence, his experiences and knowledge of the industry will have a significant impact on our Qatar operations."
Mohamed has spent seven years working in the marina management industry in Egypt and the UAE, he added.
The revamp follows another recent appointment by the marina operator, with Khalil AbuJaber taking on the role of marina manager at Oman’s Almouj Marina at The Wave, Muscat.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production